Download: audio files.
By redefining ‘spiritual’ and ‘mysterious’ in today’s language, this careful and humorous Bible study offers hope for those who want to be led by the Spirit, but don’t want to manifest some of the odd behaviors they’ve witnessed in people claiming to be “moving in the Spirit.”
Being Spirit-led simply means that we accept granted-to-us access to beyond-us words and understandings. Truly spiritual actions and revelations are wonderful, not weird. They make us winsome, not strange. They are for all of us, not just a gifted few.
Examining passages in John, Acts and 1 Corinthians, Daniel answers questions like:
- How does the Spirit enable us to follow Jesus’ ministry pattern?
- What does it mean to be Baptized in the Spirit?
- Can everyone prophesy and speak in tongues? Why should I want to?
- What’s the difference between Gifts, Ministries and Operations?
- Can we function in spiritual gifts without sacrificing sensibility?
(This is a companion series to The Holy Spirit De-Mystified.)